The skin of the lips is very delicate and, due to abrupt changes in climate, tends to dry easily and develop unsightly cracks and stains. These imperfections not only affect the beauty of the face but also increase the risk of infections and premature aging. Because of this, it is essential to give them a treatment with moisturizing properties, which creates a protective barrier against the aggressions.
While there are many options on the market, there are 100% natural products with similar benefits at a lower price. This time we want to share the recipe of a lip balm whose properties keep the skin moisturized and smooth.
Lipstick with 100% natural ingredients
The daily use of lip balm is one of the habits that every woman should incorporate into her routine of beauty. This product is designed to hydrate the delicate skin that covers the mouth, which, unfortunately, is exposed to various aggressions and damages.
In this opportunity, we propose to elaborate one with ingredients 100% natural, since we consider that they are more beneficial and economical than the conventional presentations that sell in the cosmetic stores.
This type of recipes allows combining oily products and rich in essential nutrients that, far from provoking unwanted reactions, provide a restorative and moisturizing effect. These include shea butter, known in natural cosmetics for its antioxidant properties and essential fatty acids that promote cell regeneration.
You may also like to read: 10 foods to eliminate wrinkles
Its application accelerates the healing process and, by the way, removes the dead cells that make the dry dermis appear. It also has cocoa butter and beeswax, two organic ingredients that have been used as a base for lipsticks, balms and other cosmetic products to beautify the mouth. These contain vitamin E and powerful antioxidants that help reduce the aggressions caused by the sun and low temperatures.
How to prepare this lip balm at home?
To prepare your own lip balm you have to make sure you get 100% organic ingredients of the best quality. This clarification is very important since in the herbal and cosmetic stores distribute some refined presentations that do not have the same nutritional properties.
Together with the ingredients mentioned we propose to combine a little vitamin E and almond oil, not only to enhance its moisturizing action but also to extend its useful life.
- 2 tablespoons shea butter (40 g)
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa butter (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil (30 g)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- Wooden spoon
- Hermetic bottle
- Heat-resistant container
- Add the two tablespoons of shea butter in a heat-resistant bowl, and then pour it into the water bath.
- Let it melt for a few minutes and mix with the beeswax and cocoa butter.
- Lower the heat to a minimum so that all ingredients are integrated without damage.
- When melted, remove from heat and combine with sweet almond oil and vitamin E capsule.
- Remove everything with a wooden spoon and make sure the ingredients are well integrated.
- Pour the product into an airtight jar and let stand until it solidifies.
Mode of application
- After obtaining a creamy textured lip balm, exfoliate your lips to remove dead skin and then fry a generous amount of the product.
- Allow it to be absorbed without rinsing and repeat use every day before applying other cosmetics.
- If your skin is too dry or cracked, apply the balm 2 or 3 times a day.
This natural product provides a protective effect while improving the appearance of the skin that covers the lips; However, when they suffer from cracks and dryness, their results are not always immediate.
Try to use it every day, without exception, to see the changes in a short time. It complements its use with the application of natural lipsticks and of good quality since these usually influence much in the health of its delicate skin. Also, do not forget that you must hydrate from the inside to avoid problems of dryness and excess dead cells.
Come and try it!
You may also like this blog Depression Symptoms