Appetite is a psychological and physical phenomenon that appears as an involuntary response of the body when we have not eaten for several hours or when we see an attractive dish. Although it is a biological need of all people. But to feel it excessively and unnecessarily can become a problem for health. This is because it leads to overeating, which increases the tendency to suffer from metabolic disorders and excess weight.
Although each one manifests itself in different ways, its lack of control ends up being the main obstacle to having a healthy and stable body weight. Most worrying is that many seek to quench it with foods rich in fats and carbohydrates that, far from giving benefits to the body, influence the onset of diseases.
Because of this, it is convenient to know the list of foods that, in exchange for low calories, inhibit appetite without affecting health. Next, we want to share the 8 best so you do not hesitate to eat them when you feel too much anxiety.
1. Greek yogurt
Greek yogurt is an excellent alternative to control the appetite in those moments of anxiety that occur between the main meals.
- This food is a source of amino acids and probiotics that, in addition to increasing the energy level, reduce the sensation of hunger and digestive difficulties.
2. Seeds of flaxseed
In recent years the flax seeds have become popular around the world, not only for their nutritional value but for their ability to complement diets weight loss purposes.
- Their significant contributions of omega 3, fiber and proteins help to suppress the desire to eat and, incidentally, support the process of detoxification and fat burning.
- Its incorporation in the breakfast maintains an optimum level of energy, besides improving the physical and mental productivity throughout the day.
You may also like to read: Foods that will not help you reduce your appetite and make you fat
3. Cayenne pepper
Spicy food such as cayenne pepper has properties that help prolong the feeling of satiety to reduce excessive consumption of high-calorie foods.
- Its main asset, capsaicin, has anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects that are key to support the functioning of metabolism.
- It also provides fiber and antioxidant substances that control hunger while minimizing the harmful effects of free radicals.
4. Green leafy vegetables
Not only are green vegetables versatile and easy to incorporate into the daily diet, they are good allies to combat anxiety and overweight.
They contain fiber, water, and antioxidant substances that control the accumulation of fat and the metabolic difficulties that prevent weight loss.
- Its vitamins and minerals lower the risk of developing chronic diseases and keep the body strong against external pathogens.
- Although there are many recipes to prepare them cooked, the ideal is to ingest them raw in salads or shakes to take full advantage of their satiating properties.
Regular consumption of legumes can benefit the body weight given its inputs of fiber, essential amino acids, and antioxidants.
This variety of foods promotes energy levels while helping to maintain good performance during sports activities.
- Its nutrients support the process of building muscle mass and, by the way, reduce anxiety to avoid the intake of foods rich in calories.
Although bananas were long thought to be high in natural sugars, they are now known to be good allies for controlling food cravings and overweight.
- Its properties help to inhibit the appetite and improve the digestive functions to avoid the accumulation of wastes and to absorb the nutrients.
- This, in addition to its high energy value, makes them ideal for relieving anxiety and fighting slow metabolism.
Eating eggs during breakfast increases the energy level and decreases the tendency to overeat at times other than the main meals.
This food prolongs satiety and improves physical performance to facilitate the increase of muscle mass.
Eating a bowl of oatmeal during breakfast is one of the natural solutions to avoid the anxiety that leads to overeating. This food is a healthy source of soluble and insoluble fiber, both needed to increase the production of hormones that regulate appetite.
These nutrients are slow-digesting and help keep sugar levels stable while increasing energy expenditure. You still cannot inhibit your appetite? Incorporate these foods into your regular diet and discover that they are healthy choices to avoid overeating.
Of course, make sure that the portions are moderate to avoid ingesting more calories than they should.